Things that make me feel young!

A couple days ago, a friend of mine posted a link to a list of things called 40 Things That Will Make You Feel Old ( http://www.buzzfeed.com...

A couple days ago, a friend of mine posted a link to a list of things called 40 Things That Will Make You Feel Old (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/40-things-that-will-make-you-feel-old?s=mobile). It featured pictures of fads from when we were kids and things like that. It made me feel a little old. If anything it probably made boy bands and girl singers feel old (Backstreet Boys are over 30 years old now!!!!).  There's a few things that pop up every now and then that make me feel old:

  1. 5 year class reunions, we didn't have one but the fact that I'm even old enough to be having reunions of any kind, makes me feel sort of old.
  2. Realizing that I was in college before Facebook was the cool thing.
  3. Being in or invited to friends' weddings (I can't believe we're old enough to date let alone be married, where does the time go?)
  4. I've watched American Idol for 10 years, 10 YEARS!
  5. Spongebob has been my top choice cartoon since 7th grade, 10 years again!
  6. And quite frankly, the fact that Surge has been off the market for 10 years, does make me feel quite old...
But come on, get real. I'm 22, going on 23, years old. I'm no where near being old in any shape or form of the matter. I'm a young woman, I have many cheesy fads that I will still be able to participate in, with all my heart and soul! So here are things that make me feel young:

  1. My grandparents
  2. And for that matter my father
  3. I'm not married or do not have children
  4. I have only been of drinking age for 1, almost 2 years.
  5. I still can't rent a car without being questioned (you have to be 25 for that)
  6. Looking at my collections that I had started as a kid and realizing they aren't worth big bucks yet
  7. The fact that I can still watch Nickelodeon and be  thoroughly entertained by it.
  8. Fart jokes still entertain me
  9. I haven't read all the classics on my list (I think once I finish that mental must read list, I'm going to feel a little grown-up)
  10. And last but not least, Slip N' Slides
The list could go on and on because I am still quite young and I have a tendency to forget that. Everyone is in such a hurry to grow up; or on the other extreme, desperately hang on to their youth. I'm 22 so I'm going to just teeter here until someone or something shoves me off the deep end. I'm in no hurry.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images