Mixed Tapes and VCR's

I was just folding some laundry at work and thinking. This thought crossed my mind; think of all the things we did as kids or teenagers that...

I was just folding some laundry at work and thinking. This thought crossed my mind; think of all the things we did as kids or teenagers that kids will never have to do anymore.
For example, when I was younger I would sit there listening to the radio for hours until my favorite new song came on so I could tape it off the radio. Now, kids can just download it. Pretty weird to think about right?
Here's another one, when I had to miss a show on TV when I was younger, I had to set the timer on my VCR and pray that the time was set correctly. These days there's DVR or watching episodes online. Or on that same track, we didn't have Seasons of our favorite TV shows on DVD. We used to record our shows as we watched them until we got all the episodes.
When we listened to cassette tapes we had to fast forward to the next song, it took lots of patience. Now we can just hit the next button!
Our lives have become so convenient. How does this affect us now? Do we rely too much on these conveniences? I do not know, but this is what I think about when I fold laundry.
I kind of miss rewinding and fast-forwarding through mixed tapes recorded from the radio.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images