New Year!

Ok I just posted but I'm in the writing mood today, and since the last one was a rant, it didn't do much for me!! So we're li...

Ok I just posted but I'm in the writing mood today, and since the last one was a rant, it didn't do much for me!! So we're like four days into the new year and usually I don't make a big deal out of the whole thing but I did this year! I wanted to make sure I was up at midnight not really to see the new year begin but to say adios to the old one!
The big thing for New Years is to come up with all these resolutions that most of us usually don't or can't keep! I always used to try to make new years resolutions but I'm not even going down that road this year. Lose weight? yeah okay but aren't we always trying to stay fit, I don't know what makes that any different. Meet new people? Sure, I'm always doing that whether I want to or not.  Get a new job? That'd be nice but a little beyond our control. So like I said, not goin there this year.
2010 offered a lot of memories for me, good and bad, obviously. Most of the year however was a blur. I can't even remember a lot of the things I did. I had a lot of late nights that I think about and smile! I made a lot of mistakes that I've learned and grown from.  I did a lot of things I wouldn't have normally done.
I look back and think of how I didn't even seem like myself a lot of the time, but it helped me figure myself out in the process. Now I'm more confident in myself, more than I have ever been.
This year showed me who my true friends are! Which, I already knew who they were but it was a nice reminder! My friends have put up with so much from me this year. I was up and down, maybe a little flighty at times, but they stood by me! Friends took off at a moments notice to be with me. Some stayed for a week just to keep me company at one of the hardest times of my life! Although my friends and I can have different values, views on life, and hobbies, they are great friends. My family was amazed at how great of friends I have. That they would all drop EVERYTHING and come three hours to be with me! How lucky am I? I'm sure they would do it again if I needed them to. Most people aren't that lucky.
So when I think of this past year, I smile because I have such a great group of people in my life! It's nice to know that no matter where I end up in life, I've made these friends that will be there for me!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images