So far so good.

So we're what, 15 days into the new year right? Well so far so good, especially compared to the way 2010 ended up going. I was talking ...

So we're what, 15 days into the new year right? Well so far so good, especially compared to the way 2010 ended up going.
I was talking to my father the other day about my life and how I just need a new start. It almost feels as though I'm just hanging in limbo right now. Like I'm at this in between state that I can't seem to make go one way or the other. It makes me picture a video from AFV, one I remember from when I was much younger. Its a clip of a woman who gets herself stuck in a tire swing. She can't get out if she tries to pull it over her head. She can't get out of it if she tries to step out of it. Its like a comical acceptance of defeat. That's the only way to describe my life right now.
I am in a comical acceptance of defeat at the moment. I feel like I'm making progress in one direction only to find out it was a waste of time so I have to work it out in a complete opposite way. Then to figure out that I was making better progress the other way. It's so frustrating, it's funny.
Its like everything I feel good about doing ends up going wrong, well maybe not wrong but not the way I wanted it to go! So I don't know, it's almost as if it's time to just give it up and totally just go with the flow (yeah, I'm 22 and I just said totally...deal with it). So if you notice a lack of care and effort on my part thats why. I mean why should I give 110% for people when they can't even give 10% in return? But I mean maybe if I keep trying someone is going to notice and come along and finally get me unstuck from that tire (after they get a good laugh in at my expense, of course. I am after all, just a good joke to people!).

I realize a lot of people my age probably share these feelings with me..maybe. I guess I'm not to sure a LOT of them do, but I know a couple of my friends at least agreed with me. But if anyone has any advice for us in betweeners, let me know. I have a few people curious on how to handle our dilema! One thing I do know is that, of the few I've talked to about this, we are trying to enjoy our 20's and still move on with our futures and make something of ourselves, hence the desire for my new start...here goes nothin'


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images