Alright! Let's do this!

So most people my age can probably relate to the whole graduate from college now I'm being tossed carelessly into the real world feeling...

So most people my age can probably relate to the whole graduate from college now I'm being tossed carelessly into the real world feeling. Now when I say real world I dont mean the MTV thing...I never understood why they call that show The Real World. Anyways, I mean the bill paying, fend for yourself, unsheltered real world.
I graduated from college almost a year ago and I'm still feeling the effects of the careless tossing because this has been one heck of a year!
So as if it isnt bad enough leaving behind academia, which I really honestly miss! I have to move away from all my friends and a really awesome lifestyle you can only have in college. You feel like you're losing everything and gaining nothing. What did I just spend the last four years doing?
Adjusting to that was difficult, especially moving back home. But on top of the effects of graduation I have had to spend most of this past year adjusting to the biggest change. I did not expect to deal with something so big at this time in my life; the death of my mother.
I'm not going to get into too much detail with that but I will say I miss her a lot. Mom was one of my best friends, someone I could talk to about anything and everything. She knew more about me than anyone else, probably more than I even knew about myself.
And to anyone who has never experienced a loss like this, brace yourself, because when you do there is no sensible way to handle it. Everyone deals with tragedy in different ways and no textbook is going to teach you how to be happy despite everything terrible that has happened.
I have learned more in this past year than I ever could've in the four years I spent in college. Unfortunately it took such an extreme loss to make me realize I needed to grow up and get in touch with this real world! Live, laugh, love like its your last day on this planet because you never know when you might be saying your last goodbye to someone! That's something you could never understand until you experience it!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images