NaNoWriMo: what week am I even on?

Okay, so much writing...can't form full sentences for blog post.....look at picture.  But in all seriousness, this is the first time dur...

Okay, so much writing...can't form full sentences for blog post.....look at picture. 



But in all seriousness, this is the first time during this challenge that I have actually started to doubt things. Why am I doing this? How am I going to finish this? Etc. 

Here's how I have gotten through: 
• I opened my favorite modern women's literature books and thought about how cool it would be to say I finished a whole novel, in my free time.
•  I went to social media and found others participating in NaNoWriMo and saw or even chatted with them about their progress. 
• I kept my friends and family in the loop on how the writing is going so far. Telling people I'm on Chapter 16 and hearing them be genuinely surprised and happy about my progress makes me feel excited to continue making progress.

Word count update:
Day 19
33,591 words written
16,409 word to go
12 days to make it to 50,000

So talk to me. How's writing going for you if you're participating?
If you're not, how crazy do you think we all are for doing this?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images