Today was one of those days....

Everyone has hopes and dreams or a passion for something. Mine is writing. I don't write to make money so that's why I'm a journ...

Everyone has hopes and dreams or a passion for something. Mine is writing. I don't write to make money so that's why I'm a journalist. (haha)
In all seriousness though, all my life I've had a pen and paper next to me or my nose in a book. I never ever in my wildest dreams thought I would be getting PAID to write. But here's the best part I am responsible for telling people's stories!
That is my number one motto in life; everyone has a story. We just have to take the time to listen.
So many people grow up idolizing celebrities and musicians which is just fine but so many people in our communities schools and families are the ones who deserve to be considered heroes.
I've been in a new community for a couple months now and I've already met more inspirational, everyday people than I can tell you.
If it wasn't for community reporting a lot of these people would be too humble to receive the praise and thanks they deserve.
Today I attended a workshop for reporters that completely reminded me that I have worked so hard to get this job and I should be really proud. But, it also reminded me why I worked so hard to get here... Yup today was one of those days... One of those days I looked up to God and couldn't thank Him enough for putting me right where I'm supposed to be when I needed to be there.
Life is good!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images